MK Netters is a large netball club for both juniors and seniors of all ages and abilities that prides itself on offering something for everyone from grass roots through to youth high performance. Formed in 2000 by local parents wanting somewhere for their daughters to play netball outside of school, the club has gone from strength to strength and is now regarded as one of the top clubs in the South East and in the Country at youth level.
In 2017, Head Coach Julie Tucker formed a partnership with MK Dons Set to enhance the netball offering in Milton Keynes and get more children and adults involved in the sport with the creation of a second club with a separate identity, but where both the volunteers and coaches in Mk Netters and MK Dons work across both clubs offering a high standard of netball for all.
The clubs offer a club or a high performance route dependant upon the needs of the athlete and ensure they treat each athlete as an individual as well as a team player to ensure they get the best experience and netball journey that works for them. In addition we:
· Work with schools , junior and secondary to develop their sport and encourage more participation.
· Work with local community clubs to help them grow and develop their coaches and athletes.
· Work with North Bucks County – our Head coach is the Chair and a number of our volunteers sit on the Board to help develop netball at a youth and adult level.
· Work with South Region Netball Board- our Head Coach is the performance lead on this board and helps to develop netball for the region.
· Work with EN and the North Bucks Development officer to develop community initiatives to benefit all ages and abilities including facilitating working with the WI, AGE UK Milton Keynes on walking netball initiatives for the older age group and back to netball initiatives for getting people active and back into the sport.
· Work with Superleague franchises, feeding our youth athletes into their performance system; we are very successful at this with over 18 athletes now in the Superleague U 17 and U19 squads ( all currently in our U16 programme) and a local Milton Keynes girl who is in the England U17 Roses National Academy.
The club is working across the various groups and are spread out across Milton Keynes at different venues to offer indoor training.